I've been feeling so weird lately. Like... what is life? The hell am I doing with mine? Our personal beliefs and choices are fine and all, but to some degree, isn't it all about that paycheck which sustains you?
the world
money money money
play study work die (rot)
no wonder christians believe in the afterlife
if this were it, shit
assuming the existence of a personal God who loves us dearly
...abandoned unfinished...

I miss summer. Summer was fun. I always used to be so academic; now, I hate every minute of school.
With this mentality we tried to recreate summer by going to the pool Friday...
It just wasn't the same.
I feel really weird sometimes too.
ReplyDeleteThen I walk around feeling more and more strange and don't know what to do about it.
summer was nice and it smelled nice too.
Have you ever smelled SUMMER?
It has a sweet warm scent.
i still read it!!
ReplyDeletei found myself saying SAME HERE, SAME HERE after everything you wrote.
ReplyDeletesummer was such goodness. water balloons and climbing hills. ahhhhhhhhh the day we climbed hills, or you climbed and i rather timidly scaled the edges. that was a good day. both days were good days. the latter being better though because i didn't just have two bits of enamel removed from my boca.
those two pictures are so perfect for the points you're trying to get across. the first is so summery and warm and lovely. and in the second, your facial expressions say it all.
i still have hours of homework (you've probably already written your poem. actually, definitely already have, and last week at that..) but at least i don't have a 7 hour shift tomorrow.
and summer is one of my favorite scents !
ReplyDelete