Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dreams


So I've always remembered my dreams very often, (I'm guessing there's some correlation with how I sleepwalk/talk almost every night) but this summer I've remembered them vividly literally EVERY night. Which would be cool, only I just made the realization that I almost never have good dreams. In the overwhelming majority of my dreams, I end up dying, and usually before witnessing the deaths of people I like. Here's one, for example:

Keanan & I are holding Leo & Mamoosh, next to a large pool and a tall building. We were laying out and soaking up the sun, but then the dream became very Rosemary's Baby. Suddenly, a horde of satanists came and wrestled my cats from us and took them into the building. They immobilized us, so we couldn't go after them. Over the next few hours, various satanists came and informed me of what was going on. I couldn't move so I just had to wait while they tortured the cats. They were going to use Leo as the vessel for the antichrist, and the process was excruciatingly painful. An image of him meowing in agony and attached to a ton of wires flashed before me. Mamoosh was of no use to them, so they beheaded her.

Yeah... kinda wish I didn't remember that. The subconscious can be unbelievably morbid, huh?

I've also been lucid dreaming a lot now. The first time it ever occured was during spring quarter. I was shopping at Ralph's with my mom, sister, and Kim. I suddenly turn to them and say, "I can't be with any of you right now. I'm in Santa Barbara, and I never took the train... which means I'm still asleep in my dorm room, and this is totally a dream." My dream-companions all shared a look of shock, before attempting to convince me that it was indeed reality. But I was convinced.

Another time, I was at my house with my family and someone was attempting to break in and rob and or kill us. My entire family hunched behind me as I opened the door. The intruder swung his arm up, when I said, "None of this is real." I stuck my hand straight through the guy like he was a ghost. "None of you are real." I did the same to my family, they all were fuzzy like static.

I wonder if it's possible, once you've realized you're dreaming, to change it. Each time I've experienced it, the dream goes on uninterrupted (though of course it's not the same).

How often do you remember your dreams? I'm really curious...

3 comments:

  1. hey i didnt know you had a blog!
    anyway, this is all reminding me very much of my shroom trips and not being able to discriminate between dreams and reality. inception much? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. doood, those dreams sound really scary.

    yay for blogging more! usually when i realize i'm in a dream (which is quite rare), there's nothing i can do to get out of it.. in fact it becomes even worse because i realize that i'm trapped and can't really wake myself up.

    parts of your post reminded me of inception...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love remembering dreams, but it's bad when they're scary, like this one.

    ReplyDelete